is an awesomely powerful Excel based program that:
- Takes the math away and does it for you!
- Gives you the power to make any garment – sweaters are most popular for this, but hats, gloves, socks, anything – with any yarn!
- Based on measurements and gauge will tell you how much yarn you need – NO MORE OVER OR UNDER BUYING YARN!!!!
- converts cm to inches
- converts meters to yards
- Calculates yardage based on your gauge and garment size
- Figures out how many balls of the yarn you want you need – AND how much the project will cost!
- Got a partially used ball of yarn? Figure out how many yards are left!
- Remath your pattern to your gauge without you having to actually do any math!
- Figure out how many yards you need for socks based on foot width, length and how tall you want them – mid-calf, knee high or thigh high!
- It slices! It dices! It takes the horror out of gauge changes!!!
In order to be able to keep the price stable, I have decided to remove this as an automatic purchase. The cost to host and have this as it is far exceeds sales at all. And I don’t want to increase the price. If you are interested in purchasing GaugeMaster, please email me at email@example.com. In your email, please let me know which version you would like (Excel 2007 Version or Excel 2003 or earlier Version). I will send you a paypal invoice, and then email you the file. This will also mean that you will have the base file forever in your email if you would like instead of a link to download.
I apologize if this causes any inconvenience. Thank you for understanding. I don’t want to pull this awesome product altogether.
Microsoft Excel Version 2003 or later
Q. Can I use this if I don’t have Excel?
A. Sure. You can buy it and save it in Apple Numbers or in Google Docs – HOWEVER – these will not recognize the cell protection. So if you do this and break the formulas, we do not offer support to fix it.
Q – I have an older version of Excel – can I use this?
A. Probably you can go to Microsofts webpage and download their addon to open it in your version. http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/downloads/
Q. I have a sweater that I want in a different size, can I use this to figure out yardage?
A. Absolutely! By entering the number of inches in measurements across the garment, you can quickly figure out how much more – or less – yarn you will need to knit a sweater. It will even tell you how much the total yarn costs if you put in the price per ball!