It’s been quiet…

by Aimee on July 28, 2008

And I am sorry about that, but I have been a little crazy with the new job kicking into high gear, my MBA program, and I went to CA for the wedding of a good friend. Really more family than friends.

So, I have a lot of knitting FOs to show you – 6 or 7 new things are done and I will be showing over the next few weeks AND I finished the Tour de Fleece with 16 oz of fiber spun – so I have 4 skeins of handspun, plus the skein I finished off the night before the Tour started so that I could start fresh! All that is coming.

Me and Danielle

But right now, I would just like to share just how much I love and adore my sister of the heart, Danielle. I love her so much and I can’t wait for her wedding in December – her sister got married last weekend out in Santa Ana and it was a beautiful ceremony. I ran the music.

The best sound system EVER

Last summer I knit Danielle a pinwheel sweater – and she wore it to the wedding because it matched her dress. I was so touched that she wears this sweater all the time and I love to knit for her since she appreciates it so much!

Danielle's Sweater :)

Between her sweater, my Sursa (which didn’t match, but who cares), my new hat and Emily’s shawl (coming I promise!) – it was less Emily’s wedding and more a parade of Aimee’s kntwear. I have never had so many people come over to me and compliment my knitting in one sitting. I almost cried tears of joy.

Amanda, D and me

Coming home was bittersweet – and harder than I thought. The weather there was beautiful. I met some amazing new friends (that up there is Amanda and she is the Matron of Honor in D’s wedding – so I get more Amanda time this year!). I had a fantastic time. I missed my cats, and I was ready to sleep in my bed, but leaving people you are so in tune with is always hard. And I miss them terribly.

Thank you, Danielle, for having me in your home and in your heart!

{ 9 comments… read them below or add one }

Jadielady July 28, 2008 at 8:53 pm

I’m glad you had such a good time! Work’s going crazy in the burg too. MEH!

TrishD in MD July 28, 2008 at 9:07 pm

Thanks for sharing this with your fellow plurkers. It’s great to know what you look like and also fun to see so much of your knitting. It’s all so beautiful!

Trish aka wheeltrish

Danielle July 28, 2008 at 11:07 pm

It was a blast.

Love you!!

bockstark knits July 29, 2008 at 3:56 am

Sounds like you had a wonderful time and your knitting IS so gorgeous. Seeing that pinwheel makes me want to knit one with handspun but oh, that is a lot of spinning!

LaLa July 29, 2008 at 7:39 am

Missed you girl! Love the pinwheel sweater and I can’t wait to see everything else.

LittleWit July 29, 2008 at 8:42 am

Your knitwear does look lovely! and you know, you are always welcome to knit me something. :)

Leslie July 29, 2008 at 10:44 am

I already told you I love that pinwheel sweater. :) I’m so glad to hear you had a wonderful time. Looking forward to pics of your FO’s!

Stacey_CrimsonPurl July 29, 2008 at 11:14 am

I saw the “Milwaukee” boom box and I had to stop in my tracks! Haha!

I remember you working on that pinwheel last year and it still looks beautiful!!

It does do a knitter’s heart good with all that appreciation and compliments!

Jen July 29, 2008 at 8:48 pm

Ooooh, what a great gift recipient! You have a right to feel very flattered! It’s just the encouragement a knitter needs to keep gifting. I’m glad you had a great time. Feel free to share more with us (if you don’t mind)!