Sooo….

by Aimee on May 27, 2008

I promised an announcement today. I had planned on it being a regular blog post on the neglected Masters program as well, but today it just didn’t happen. I have progressed a little on it though.

Anyway…you don’t care about that, you want to know my news…

Well, back many years ago, AFTER I became a knitter, BEFORE I met Tattoo Boyfriend – I was enrolled in a Master’s program to get my MBA. after a year (and 24 credit hours) I decided I wasn’t happy with it and I left. A few months later, I met TB and things sort of went up in the air as to who was moving, etc, so I put off going back. Last year, he and I talked and decided that I should go back. So, starting today, I am back in school. I re-enrolled and had my first class today – I am doing it online this time as I have a busier travel schedule now and I can’t really do it traditionally based on the number of classes you have to attend physically.

I will know in a few weeks which of my previous classes are going to come with me – they don’t have that all figured out yet, but I am hopeful it will be at least half (please please please let them take the finance, accounting and statistics classes! PLEASE!!!)

So, that is it. Back in school. Getting my masters finished up. I still have some class decisions to make, but I have time to do that still.

And now I have to go get some classwork done.

{ 8 comments… read them below or add one }

LittleWit May 27, 2008 at 3:18 pm

Hooray! *sings* Back to school, back to school, to prove to dad that I’m not a fool. OH! back to school… :)

babyface May 27, 2008 at 4:14 pm

Congratulations. That is a big and wise step that you have taken.
It will be so much easier now than if you waited until later. I
don’t think anyone who reads your blog thinks you are a fool.
I went back to school when I was in my late thirties. I married
at 17 and had my children right away and so they were practically
grown when I went back. I have to tell you that it was hard at
first, but well worth it. Good luck!!!!!

J.P. May 27, 2008 at 6:36 pm

Woo hoo! That is AWESOME!

I am so proud of you for finishing..

debra May 27, 2008 at 7:23 pm

that is awesome news! I know you will very successful!

May May 27, 2008 at 7:50 pm

Congratulations, and good luck! It takes perseverance to go through with it; go you!!!

Jen May 27, 2008 at 9:13 pm

Just make sure to get yourself a big damn frame for your diploma. It really will make up for re-writing your thesis until you could yank out your hair. I swear. BIG DAMN FRAME.

Zonda May 27, 2008 at 9:14 pm

Good for you! Doing it online makes it easier as you travel a lot. Hubby’s been online schooling for the last few years, 1 year from now, his Master’s finally! Good luck!

Lynda Hitt May 29, 2008 at 11:05 pm

You go girl…I’m proud of you for stepping up and doing what you know you want and need to do. Yay you!!!!