To make his parents love me…

by Aimee on April 15, 2008

FO Hemlock Ring Blanket 001
Some of you guessed that the thing under the towels last week was the Hemlock Ring Blanket. You were wrong. Sorry. But since more than 3 people asked AND I managed to get it blocked last week, well, I decided to go ahead and show it to you and make you wait on the mystery item.
FO Hemlock Ring Blanket 006
Now, I am not going to lie to you, the edging for this thing is hateful. It takes about 400 years to knit. I mean if you think the number of stitches you have on the needles is bad, just wait until you get to the bind off.
FO Hemlock Ring Blanket 003
But it is TOTALLY worth it!
FO Hemlock Ring Blanket 002
It gives it such a beautifully finished look.
FO Hemlock Ring Blanket 005
I used my wires to block this and I didn’t block it as hard as I could have – I just blocked it enough to open it up a bit.
FO Hemlock Ring Blanket 004
Since this is for Tattoo Boyfriend’s parents, I am pretty sure it will never get blocked again.
FO Hemlock Ring Blanket 008
Pattern: Hemlock Ring Blanket (Ravelry Link) by Jared Flood
Needles: Denise size 10 and a 40 in cord (I think that is the cord I used – I magic looped on a 24 for a bit then upped to the 40 later)
Yarn: Cascade EcoWool – just shy of 2 skeins
Mods: I made mine a little larger
Thoughts: There are a couple issues with the original pattern – check out the Ready, Set, Knit podcast for a great charted version!
Knitting Time: 15 days – and I was not faithful.

FO Hemlock Ring Blanket 010
“This is my blanket. I left you that present over there!”

Thanks, Eva. I appreciate your contribution to the house. Now I get to go clean that up. (Truthfully it was probably Rozz, but he wasn’t around to take the blame.)

{ 7 comments… read them below or add one }

LittleWit April 15, 2008 at 1:03 pm

The blanket looks cozy. May I snuggle up in it to try it out before it goes on its merry way? If not, it’s cool I understand…perhaps I shall make one in baby size. :)

Dani April 15, 2008 at 5:02 pm

Please refrain from blaming my sweet innocent bucket of love for such terrible things. He woudl NEVEw do such an undignified thing.

Hemlock looks awesome!

Zonda April 15, 2008 at 10:37 pm

Hehe..my cat does the same thing! I love that blanket…sigh, gotta start mine before it’s too hot! Thanks for the warning on the bind off.. yikes

Sandy April 16, 2008 at 9:03 am

Left you long message on your blogger blog. This looks very complicated, soft and yummy. No way would I let the cat get hair all over after all the hard work it sounds like you’ve done to make it. Very neat design. It this one of your own creations?

What type of a page is this? I mean you mentioned podcast above, and I’m looking for a banner that says what type of a blog (blogger, multiple, myspace etc.) I love looking around.

Have a great day,
The most complicated item I’ve knitted so far is the sweater I just posted on my blogger site. It’s an adaption of the rectangle sweater pattern from that TV show who’s name escapes me at the minute.

Sandy

J.P. April 16, 2008 at 9:32 am

The blanket looks awesome! The cat yak? Not so much. :)

Brittany Newberry April 16, 2008 at 12:04 pm

Wow!!! That looks GREAT!

Helen April 18, 2008 at 8:13 am

Be grateful the cat ‘gift’ was not on the other gift! :)