Breakfast at Tiffany’s

by Aimee on March 24, 2008

I have mentioned that I am trying to loose weight. This would be possible on my own, but I have to admit that without Lisa, I would be sunk. Lisa doesn’t have a blog, but she is on Ravelry! Lisa is a runner and she is VERY fit. We love her, she is hilarious.

Sadly, Lisa had to have a bit of surgery last week, so I decided she needed a little something to cheer her up. And thank her for all of her help!
Audrey 001
I picked up a book on her fav person EVER, Audrey Hepburn and I knit her the Knitted Idols pattern of the same.
Audrey 002
It is complete with tiara and necklace. And her Breakfast at Tiffany’s dress.
Audrey 003
Pattern: Knitted Idols Audrey Hepburn (free on Canadian Living’s Website)
Yarn: Rowan Wool Cotton in Ecru, Cascade 220 Superwash in black, Louet Kid Mohair Lace weight in black and Tahki Cotton Classic in black
Needles: Addi Turbo Size 3 and Denise Interchangeable Size 6
Notions: 48 clear beads, 32 gauge silver wire, black felt, red felt, black and red embroidery floss
Mods: Well, I didn’t knit the tiara and necklace as called for, I thought it looked terrible, so I just shaped the wire as desired.
Notes: Oh god I wanted to knife myself more than once. This pattern is very non-instruction based. there are pattern instructions that make almost no sense unless you have serious telepathic powers – such as – embroider on the face. thanks. That was helpful. Also, I would knit the legs and arms and gloves in the round next time. Oh, and put on the hair BEFORE putting on the face AND put on the gloves BEFORE stuffing the arms. No, really.
Audrey
I don’t think that mine came out as well as the one in the book, but Lisa’s loves her, so that is all that matters to me!

{ 8 comments… read them below or add one }

Jen March 24, 2008 at 9:04 am

Hell has frozen over. You have knitted a doll and it was very nice of you.

Lyndsey-Jane March 24, 2008 at 9:28 am

I love Audrey Hepburn and your doll is wonderful!!!!
Well Done.

tantej March 24, 2008 at 11:31 am

Holly Golightly: You know those days when you get the mean reds?
Paul Varjak: The mean reds, you mean like the blues?
Holly Golightly: No. The blues are because you’re getting fat and maybe it’s been raining too long, you’re just sad that’s all. The mean reds are horrible. Suddenly you’re afraid and you don’t know what you’re afraid of. Do you ever get that feeling?
Paul Varjak: Sure.
Holly Golightly: Well, when I get it the only thing that does any good is to jump in a cab and go to Tiffany’s. Calms me down right away. The quietness and the proud look of it; nothing very bad could happen to you there. If I could find a real-life place that’d make me feel like Tiffany’s, then – then I’d buy some furniture and give the cat a name!

Well done!

alyon March 24, 2008 at 11:46 am

Yay, what a great gift!! I love it!

Zonda March 24, 2008 at 4:21 pm

Wow, that is an awesome gift!! Hehe..bet you won’t knit another one anytime soon! :)

turtlegirl76 March 24, 2008 at 7:52 pm

It turned out so cute! I know you aren’t thrilled with it, but pattern be damned. You made a wonderful woman’s day with it.

Parve March 25, 2008 at 5:20 am

It’s lose weight and not loose. Loose is what you want your clothing to be once you lose weight.

J.P. March 25, 2008 at 4:42 pm